My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Saturday, October 6, 2007

Last night was dedicated to watching network TV. It's not something I usually do. I used to but fell out of the habit several years ago just because my schedule dictated otherwise. Heck, I even subscribed to cable TV once or twice a long time ago. Anyway, I digress.

Over the last few years I will pick out something from the new season and follow it the best I can. Last year it was "Heros"... the year before that it was "Medium"... etc. So, last night between catching up via online and repeat episodes these are the shows I watched and my present verdicts on them.

The Bionic Woman - OK, I'll cop to the fact that I watched this because I had a big schoolboy crush with Lindsay Wagner . I have to say that I sort of like the direction the new one is going in. Though I think it may suffer comparisons to "Alias". The first couple of episodes were not bad in setup and it may be worth watching where it goes from here. VERDICT: An off and on MAYBE... though this may be exclusively via internet reruns.

Journeyman - Once again, I have been intrigued by time travel TV series since the days of Time Tunnel. The first 2 episodes look promising and there is intrigue built in as to why this is happening to this guy (and how he keeps running into his ex-girlfriend in his travels.) VERDICT: I'll give it 3 more episodes to hook me.

Moonlight - A vampire private detective. A fun premise though I was not too impressed with the storylines of the first 2 episodes (the second especially.) I can only hope it does not go into the cheesy direction of "Ghost Whisperer." VERDICT: This may become an off and on guilty pleasure... unless it fizzles out.

Pushing Daisies - A guy has the ability to bring dead people back with a touch. The second touch sends them back to death (unless a minute pasts and then someone else within proximity bites the dust.) The visuals are amazing and it is quirky and a tad surreal... just the way I like it. Here is conflict... he brings the love of his life back and can't touch her. VERDICT: Yes, I think this is the winner of regular watching.

BTW... is anyone keeping count on how many Brit actors (playing Americans) are in the new TV fare this season?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home