My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Da Count - the details

dacount

Yes, I'll cop to it... I can be a detail demon. In certain areas of my life I will sweat the details like a crazed scientist. O.K.... yeah, I can be anal retentive. Let's thank the heavens some people are (not that what I'm anal retentive about really shakes up the world.)

I'm talking about those whose obsession and compulsion has made all the difference. The inventors, the people who have discovered cures, - the creators! Everything from the wheel to astounding medical cures had to have come into realization through working out the details.

Even on the mundane level there are things all around us that we take for granted which wouldn't be there if someone did not obsess over it's realization of. Flush toilets to name just one. Sure, it was something that was developed over centuries before what we got today... but thank your lucky stars someone thought about and put in the effort to work on it.

Really, take a good look around. Have you ever wondered - "What were they thinking when they came up with that?"... in a good way, I mean. Our lives are so much richer and surrounded by the thoughts of so many made real.

So, this week I'm counting the geeks and freaks who obsess over the minutia just so I have some place to hang my coat up. Without the attention to detail that they put in what a sorry world this would be.

To find out what Da Count is all about... click the flashing sign above.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home