My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Thursday, February 1, 2007

Da Count - fellow counters

dacount
Last night I was looking back to when Da Count began... checking out those who did and those who continue... reading my own counts... smiling that I can still count. It started off as a personal challenge... to count something every week... and it continues to be a challenge. The question still is... "Will I run out of things to count?" So far, not yet.

Funny how it is accepted human nature to moan, groan, bitch, gripe, complain and fall so easily into the "woe is me" mindset. Yet appreciating what we have never seems to get quite the same amount of "air-play" or energy. I was thinking today if there was some sort of invention that could count our daily gripes and compare it to our appreciation... it would be fascinating to compare the percentages. Da Count is neither competitive nor particularly sexy. I enjoy the idea that it is simple... almost mundane. Yet at times a daunting task to find something to count each week. (Really, it's so much easier to complain.)

Over the months I have truly enjoyed reading your counts. I thank you for sharing... and I hope to continue reading more. So this count is for those of YOU who count... past, present, sometimers, regulars... even those who count privately. Your counts make the end of my week a much more pleasant and rich experience... and yes, interesting too! Thank You!

To find out what Da Count is all about... click the flashing sign.

EDIT: 11:15 AM
Yikes! Sewer is backed up!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home