My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I get to receive an award...

... tomorrow for the Rogue. The 22nd edition of the Horizon Awards will be held at the council chambers of Fresno City Hall. (Yeah, it does look like a Klingon battle cruiser, doesn't it?) A pretty big affair and I'm supposed to give a short speech and all. (Lordy, lordy... oy vey!)

OK, this is all pretty surreal to me. (I'm convinced this is going to be like traipsing through a Salvador Dali painting.) Yes, it is wonderful for the festival to be honored like this but dang it's weird. Mainly I guess because the festival was started in a "wait and see" town. There is still a wait and see attitude here... though it is slowly changing. Weird also because I'm not exactly an "award" kinda guy. (Gawd, I'm supposed to dress up for this thing? Can I just wear a sarong?) I suppose I'll blog about the experience on Friday.

We were supposed to have Suicide Lounge rehearsals tonight but the only other person to turn up was my replacement going to Shanghai. So we used the time to hang a bit and chat. Talking about all sorts of things. A very pleasant evening to be sure which took away some of the edge I was feeling earlier.

That's all for now.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home