My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

my day? ya really want to know?

Was up by 5:30 AM. Lolled around a bit in bed enjoying the glow of the dawn breaking outside. Thinking to my self... "Self, this could be quite a day."

Got on the puter and the net at 6:30 ish. Had a great chat with... could tell you but then you would want to take a hit out on me. Anyway, halfway through... thought I'd better fix up and serve breakfast for Mum. A vegie omelet with rice and a dab of soy. So good I indulged myself as well.

8:36 AM get a call informing me that a friend has passed away. The good thing (if there is a good thing about this) is that he went peacefully... and quick... like during an afternoon nap. Chatted with informant (and dear friend) on the horn a bit more and came up with a cool and quirky idea for a project we are working on... so call started sad but ended up creative.

Farted around surfing and doing business on the net. Write email of apology for flying off the handle on Sunday night... offer to make up by buying a whole steak sandwich. A friend comes by looking to buy a domain... hook him up... he buys 3.

11:03 AM... Get an email that another friend is playing hooky. Invite friend to "hang"... friend takes me up on invitation and says will be over in an hour or so. During same email session Mike (in email) says that last song for Frogway is done and is online to Skype. Fire up the Skype engine and voice chat with him. Reworked song lyrics are transfered as well as music. Different from what was originally pitched.... but it totally works!!! Yay!!!! Chat a bit more about progress of show (it's all good) and end call.

11:26 AM... head to kitchen to cook. Cook. (Pork soup with cabbage and onions.) Another friend comes by to ask if I can drive his car back home from the airport to avoid long term parking. Sure... I'll do it this afternoon when friend who comes to hang drops by.

11: 40 AM Serve Mum lunch. Go to bathroom to shower before friend who is going to hang arrives. There is crud in the shower. I have seen this before. Flush loo... crud comes up from shower drain. SHIT! The damn thing (sewer) is blocked!!! I have a web client coming over before friend that hangs arrives. Friend that hangs arrives. Call rooter service. Serve friend that hangs lunch. Web client calls... I beg to reschedule... shit is hitting the fan! Rooter service calls... service agent will be over in half an hour.

20 minutes past noon... rooter service arrives and I explain that sewer vent is actually located in neighbor's yard in the back (don't ask). We go over and I knock on door. Neighbor's son... draped in towel (probably interrupted his "afternoon" delight) very nicely says, "Do what you have to" closes door and gets back to his bitnezz. (Sorry,, dude... but... as you were and more.) Rooting begins as friend who (patiently) hangs surfs on computer. Rooting goes on and on and finally... it drains!

2 PM... $145 later I clean up the shower and take one. Tell Mum that I'm going out for a bit. Propose to friend who hangs that after we drop friend who needs car pick up at his car we go to Big Lots. Friend is dropped off at car rental place... we head to Target. Return a swimsuit (very pretty bikini with gold specks) buy 18 cotton panties and head to Big Lots!

2:45 PM... Cruise aisles of Big Lots... and there is lots to see! It's one of the few places that I actually browse and not power shop. (Really, virtually impossible to power shop there.)

4:32 PM... we have already even done a third of the place but there is a Mum feeding coming up. We pay for the goodies (some of which we didn't need... but it's cool stuff, dammit!) and head off to the homestead.

5:14 PM... Mom feeding. After which friend who hangs and I head out to the usual watering hole. We drink, eat and chat. Very enjoyable and the first relaxation of the entire dar

6:43 PM... After 2 scotch sodas... friend who hangs drives and drops me at the homestead and been a real joy to hang with... thank you so much! Get home and I serve Mum ice cream.

This is the most I've been out in eons and I needed it bad. Tah Dah!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home