My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

when I wake up...

... tomorrow morning, I will make my way over to ye ole java joint for an interview meeting with one of the bigger arts foundations in the land. I received an email from them over a week ago stating that I had been identified "as a key resource person with knowledge of the cultural landscape". Hmmm... er... OK. Apparently I am one of 30 people in the San Joaquin Valley who are being interviewed to "investigate the many forms of creative and cultural expression" in the area. (1 of 30 out of 4 million? Huh? No pressure there.) Anyway, the starter on the truck is being finicky so I guess I'll bike it to this meeting. I just want to know if they are springing for the cup of coffee.

I have to say that there suddenly seems to be an awful lot of activity in that area where my life is concerned of late. Not a complain... but this spike in arts related stuff can be a little heady. Especially considering that not too long ago I was looked upon as a bit of a curiosity and oddball. (O.K. a lot of the theatre folk in this town still look upon me in that way.) But now the "established" bigwigs want to ask my opinion? (I do have to admit that the thought of this happening just gets me a little cross-eyed.) I guess all I can do is show up... give my opinion and hopefully not have to pay for my own cup of java.

In other news... I'm hitting the sack early tonight. Hope your Thursday is good. Cheers!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home