My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

the fantastic day

Today wasn't it... not for me at least. Just was feeling under the whether and a system that blew in last night lowered the temperatures making me want to snuggle up under the blanket. So, it wasn't a bad day... but it wasn't an optimum one either. But it did get me thinking about a few fantastic days of yore.

No. this is not going to be a post describing any of those. I was actually thinking about it within context of the people I've shared those times with. There are times when we get together that we smile and laugh over some of those over a drink... always a fun thing. Though there are also those fantastic days that often go unspoken. They may be private pleasures that we keep to ourselves. There are also the ones that involve others that for some reason we haven't or don't want to relate... or simply don't because the "right moment" hasn't arrived.

I wonder how many parents tell their children (when they are old enough to appreciate it) about the day they were born. I wonder how many children tell their parents about that day when a special moment shared meant everything to them. Or co-workers telling each other of how much a favor done meant the world to them on a particular day. Or former lovers smiling over how good that burnt dinner tasted on that perfect day. Or a friend thanking another for a selfless act that made all the difference. Just random fantastic days... feel free to add your own.

No, there is no epiphany here. No, profound conclusion to the post. Just thoughts that floated through my mind as the day rolled on. A nap early this evening has made me feel better. Not a fantastic day... but really not a bad one either.

How was yours?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home