My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Da Count - a fantastic trip on a dreaded week


dacount

The trip took place on the second weekend of 2001. Despite the horrible events that had occurred earlier in the week a small group of us ventured to the San Francisco Fringe Festival. It wasn't just for the fun of catching new shows. It was a "study trip" to see how a festival like this would work from whence we came.

It was a fantastic trip to say the least. One that we often smile about. That small group along with a few other "believers" created something that this year became one of the biggest of it's kind on the West Coast,

Two weeks ago I received a call informing me that I would be honored for the creation of this event at a prestigious award ceremony. 2 days later I received an email attachment to approve the official press release. I sent back edits making sure to name those on that trip as well as a few early believers... and they are who I'm counting this week - the founders. (Even though many don't think they are.) Without that small group of believers who weathered that first insane attempt with what was considered by most as a "must fail" proposition... the Rogue Festival would not exist.

On April 26th, I shall receive the Horizon Award on behalf of all of us. I am hoping that most of us will be there. BTW the picture is the very first "muse" for the Rogue of 2002. It is a block print by Fresno artist Vincente Aiello... I own the original.

To find out what Da Count is all about click the flashing sign above.

EDIT: BTW... the meeting went well today. It may influence the foundation to rethink and adjust their Arts grant funding to suit a more realistic criteria. Oh, and I paid for my own coffee.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home